DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The very cool thing about Contax

Hi Max,

In spite of the difficulties you had you still got the focus right on, which is a big thing.

Outdoor macros are always very difficult with breezes working against you. I've heard of people bringing a spring type clothes pin and a piece of a wire hanger to restrain the stem's movement. May work, I've just never tried it.

With the 3 tubes you're working at a little over 1:1 with the 50mm and a little under with the 85mm. The exposure correction is (1+M)^2 or in this case (1+1)^2 or 4 times normal.

These 2 factors require larger f-stops which cut the depth of field.

So it's always a compromise. Sharp focus on the subject is always most important and you definitely got that.

I do like this photo.

Bill

If I knew it would have been a "great" photo I would have spent more time on it. I should have experimented more with different lenses and extension tube combinations.

It was a very small flower and I feel lucky to have gotten the image I did and without harming it.

If I knew it would have been a "great" photo I would have spent more time on it. I should have experimented more with different lenses and extension tube combinations.

It was a very small flower and I feel lucky to have gotten the image I did and without harming it.

Back