DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Any success decoding x3f format?

Kufu

Hi all,

Is anyone here aware of anyone who's writing open source software and has succeeded at extracting the raw data out of the X3F format?

I wrote a program that can extract the two jpegs that are in the X3F just fine, as well as the photo properties, but the raw section is a problem and I could use some help.

Here's there current raw image from my program. It has some horizontal banding, probably it's a minor bug.

http://yfrog.com/jximgcnj

Thanks.

It depends on which camera you own: X3F from SD9/10/14 are correctly decoded with dcraw, but X3F from DP are not (AFAIK)

e-mail me, if you want some code help. Sure you should present, what you have done so far ;)

But I have to discourage you a bit - decoding RAW data is not hard, but converting it into usable RGB color space is. For SD9/10/14 algorithm is known (look at dcraw), for DP1 and newer not yet.

Back