DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Cameras compareable to the Rx

larsson

I was just wondering whitch cameras that are compareable to the Rx thought it could be fun to know
happy.gif
btw this is my first post! :p (A very relevant one isn't it?)

Posted by Johan Larsson (Larsson) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 7:55 pm: I was just wondering whitch cameras that are compareable to the Rx

Hi Johan,

question is : In what respect ? For the Focus index ? There have been many on the market (Olympus OM30, Nearly every Pentax AF-slr when AF switchend off). -or for the build quality ? Perhaps the Contax ST.... what about the AX, RTS III may even be superior....

Perhaps you should be more exactly what you want to know.... there is simply too much knowledge here....

;-)

Paul

I meant more when it comes to other camerabrands, like Leica. Which of their cameras would you say are most similar to the rx, when it comes to quality and functions?

o.k. Johan,

what do we have ? built in motordrive (not a slow winder) pro build quality ! various metering/exposing methods Zeiss-lenses and a cheap possibility for using M42-lenses (Zeiss Jena)

what do you want ? Leica ? - no built-in motor! Nikon ? Perhaps an F4/5, nothing else - and those are more expensive.... I just don't like their handling. Minolta ? - don't ask me.... Pentax ? - perhaps the MZ-S but I guess that thr RX is superor in every aspect (except AF) Canon ? - if you chose the EOS1 with additional drive... again much more expensive ! O.K. It's got fast AF. EOS3 may be - it's an ugly thing in my opinion and doesn't feel like the Contax.

If you already have the RX - stay with it - or better : Give it to me ! ;-) Paul

Thrust me, i'll never give up my darlig Rx... weeell mabey for a Eos 1Ds but i dunno if anyone would want to give me one though ;)

Back