DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

RTS focussing screens

G

I have a RTS with a scratched screen that could do with replacement, but they seem to be hard to find. Does anyone know if the original screens are the same as the FS screens used for the RTSII?
Anyone have one lying around?
Thanks,
Ezekiel

Hi Ezekiel,

I *think* you can't use RTS II screens in the original RTS, because it looks like the "lobe" (small protrusion to grab with the tweezers) is in a different position. Also I have here an FS-3 screen for RTS II, and the instruction paper that goes with it only mentions the RTS II, not the RTS.

Regards,
Pim Willemsen

> Ezekiel,

the original screen cannot be substituted by any of the other later Contax screens. If you cannot find a replacement elsewhere, I have four of the original RTS screens new in boxes (including the standard microsprism) that I am willing to sell. You can contact me at gmb@cyberone.com.au. I also have new FS-6 and FS-7 screens available if anyone else needs them. Regards,

Back