DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss 28mm f2 problemcan anyone solve it

grumpoid

Hi folks,

Recently I had a CZ 28/2 which had a problem...on my RTS2 and ST it would not work properly when focussed on infinity, it seemed to foul the camera mirror and would only work when the lens was focussed back of the infinity setting by a few mm. Does anyone have similar experience of this and what is the fault causing it? the lens works ok with other Contax SLR's such as RX, RTS1 RTS3 and others.
Cheers for any help..Steve.

Hi Steve,

I have no problems with mine on a FX3, 139, RX or AX. Give me an hour or so and I will have a look to see if I can see what the problem might be.

Paul

Hi Steve,

I been to have a look at mine and I find that the mirror is very, very close (less than a mill) from the back of the lens when focussed on infinity. Could your mirrors have slipped a bit, or could the lens have been 'serviced' and assembled slighty out of alignment so that the infinity focus is 'past' infinty. Maybe a check with a measure at a close focus may show if there is a discrepancy?

You also said "Recently I had a CZ 28/2 which had a problem..." I assume that you returned it.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul, Thanks for the help..yes it went back. I am not having much luck with getting a CZ 28/2, so far I have bought three and all of them have been faulty and had to be returned. I know these may get hard pro use, but it does not say much for Zeiss long term build quality, especially as I have never had troubles like these with older Leica or Nikkor lenses. Cheers Steve.

My 28/2 had problem too. I sent it to Zeiss at Germany and it was returned in great condition.

Back