DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Poster name I replied to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way automatically insert poster name I replied to without quoiting?

Yes. simply put the @ sign followed by the username without a space. Normally a drop-down menu appears with a list of matching usernames. Just pick the right one. It will then look like this:

@archer

And the specific user will get an alert that you mentioned him in that posting.

No, this is something only you can do. How shall the software know, to which of the postings in a thread you are replying, if you do not use the quote feature or write the username?

Last edited:
No, this is something only you can do. How shall the software know, to which of the postings in a thread you are replying, if you do not use the quote feature or write the username?
On DPReview you could reply with quote or without, but SW inserted the name of the poster you replied to. Well I guess we have to live with what we have.

ah ok, because there was the option to reply to thread or reply to posting. That is part of their threaded view option.

We have flat view only here. This is why you either type the username as described above or you quote the part of the posting you are referring to.

ah ok, because there was the option to reply to thread or reply to posting. That is part of their threaded view option.

We have flat view only here. This is why you either type the username as described above or you quote the part of the posting you are referring to.
In flat view when you open a post, there are 3 options: Reply, Reply with quote and Reply to thread. First one inserted the name who you replied to, second one inserted a name and quote, third one replied to a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back