DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

My G100 night at the bands

Tom Caldwell

G100 used with Olympus 40-150/28 and Panasonic 25-50/1.7 at the Hoey Moey Pub venue Coffs Harbour 15 April 2023

Band is "Ze Robotz" put on a good show and the audience seemed to like the antics.

PGBL0181-01.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-G100
  • 25.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.7
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 320

PGGR0164-01.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-G100
  • 48.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 2500

Last edited:
It will be never wrong, a good photographer can get good result from whatsoever tool. Yes, the 40-150 f/2.8 and 25-50 f/1.7 are both top of the range glasses, but I guess without a capable master behind G100 the result could be very different.

Fun shots and nice to see that gear being used for these, tough conditions and well handled there Tom. Reminds me of Lost in Space ;)

Danny.

Probably not the best photgrapher territory as one Robot shot tends to start looking like all the other Robot shots - but there are the nuances - on the night there were antics and the audience loved them. Next songs were introduced in a robot-voice - you get the drift. Good musicians too. The Sheila in the next band was very nubile and and more fun to photograph. Dress her up as a Robot and she would not be so interesting - just another Robot.

G100 used with Olympus 40-150/28 and Panasonic 25-50/1.7 at the Hoey Moey Pub venue Coffs Harbour 15 April 2003

Band is "Ze Robotz" put on a good show and the audience seemed to like the antics.
Wait, you already had a G100 in 2003? Where did you buy your time machine? :p

Wait, you already had a G100 in 2003? Where did you buy your time machine? :p
The time machine must have been a finger fumble - I bought the G100 a couple of weeks ago when the (temporary?) price drop loosened my grip on my wallet .....

PS: used my time machine effect to correct the finger fumble ....

I love my G100. It's like a mini G9. I know that there is a new version coming. But, not enough difference to matter to me. Also, the price of the original G100 will be dropping further. So, a good time to buy.

Back