DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

News Nanny bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this information.

There is one moderator who really tries hard to push the other alternatives. He deleted positive postings about us, banned me and allows massive spamming of the other site and bad-mouthing us at dpreview..

In case you wonder why I do not defend DPRF at dpreview, if someone at dpreview is bad-mouthing us: I can not do it myself, since that specif moderator bannned me again and again, although others defended me.

He will not ban other users. Just me. So if you do want that we get more attention there in these last days, the membres here have to fight for us over at dpreview with positive, constructive comments.

Please no bad-mouthing of others and no emotions. Stay polite and only tell everybody why you are here and why you like it.

Sooner or later interested poeple will realize themselves, what a great option DPRF is.

I didn't realise there was a nanny bot on DPR. Why on earth would they stop the use of a URL for a camera forum when theirs is about to close?? Crazy.

Why on earth would they stop the use of a URL for a camera forum when theirs is about to close?? Crazy.

Because they are afraid of us. Simple as that.

There is obviously a "friends and family" circle of a few people with another site, who do not like competition. The less talks about us the more users go to their site, because they are not aware of us.

Look at it this way: We do get zero marketing help at dpreview and are still growing fast. What would happen, if even more people would find out about us? :z04-flucht:

I would call their behaviour as brainwashing people and the one moderator supporting and pushing this is misusing obviuously his power as a moderator :devilish:

Last edited:
I've seen some posts where members seem to think that it's vital everyone "stays together". But it's a free world and people will go where they choose. At the moment the DP Revived forums have a poor interface, and it looks like many of the banned trolls have come back to ply their trade again.

I didn't realise there was a nanny bot on DPR. Why on earth would they stop the use of a URL for a camera forum when theirs is about to close?? Crazy.
It is there to cut out references to their site that could possibly be spammers. I don't think it is deliberate, simply unfortunate that dprforum.com seems to invoke the nanny red rectangle 'how dare you' style. Will not let the post through. I managed dpr forum.com with a space then advised 'remove the space'.

dprevived somehow seems to be capable of passing the nanny though.

The net result is that it is muzzling any references to this forum.

I did initially call this forum dprforums.com which I corrected when I inserted the space. So I don't know if was just the 's' or simply the whole site name that was the issue.

It is there to cut out references to their site that could possibly be spammers. I don't think it is deliberate, simply unfortunate that dprforum.com seems to invoke the nanny red rectangle 'how dare you' style. Will not let the post through. I managed dpr forum.com with a space then advised 'remove the space'.
I just posted a reference to this forum using quotes (i.e. "dprforum.com") and it got through the bot!

I just posted a reference to this forum using quotes (i.e. "dprforum.com") and it got through the bot!

Let's see how long the posting will stay visible.

If they delete it, there is still the option to use PMs to invite friends. ;)

It is embarrassing how much kindergarden these attempts to block us are.

I've seen some posts where members seem to think that it's vital everyone "stays together". But it's a free world and people will go where they choose. At the moment the DP Revived forums have a poor interface, and it looks like many of the banned trolls have come back to ply their trade again.
I have programmed my own software for my business and know the difficulties of getting a complex suite of code up from scratch. These days there are lots of tools to make it easier but refining the nuances is a huge task needed to get all the features and make it bug-free.

So a small bunch of dedicated programmers is ideally better than the horse designing type committee. They can get something up and running but it might take a while to get it running smoothly. dpreview in itself has had the benefit of a long evolution to iron out the issues. Furthermore its original concept was a brilliant place to kick off from. The advantage of this site is (as far as I can tell) is as a well sorted out shell which wears customisation well.

Maybe harder to swat bugs when the ankle nippers are biting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back