DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Samsung NX1 - Kings House Hotel, Glencoe (2015)

Manzur Fahim

It is amazing how a few photos that was nothing other than to just try out a camera becomes a memory. I met someone while visiting the Glencoe in Scotland, staying at the Kings House Hotel. Beautiful place. He was using Samsung NX1, a really good mirrorless camera Samsung released back in the day, and then suddenly decided they do not want to make them anymore. And I asked him, if I could just take a few photos with it. This is a photo of the bar at the Kings house hotel. They long renovated the whole property, and that old structure doesn't exist anymore. But I still have a few photos of that place, because I wanted to try out the camera.

SAM_7867-Enhanced-4.jpg
  • SAMSUNG - NX1
  • NX 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 Power Zoom
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 2.5 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • ISO 100

The bar at the Kings house hotel (2015)

SAM_7869.jpg
  • SAMSUNG - NX1
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 6 sec
  • ISO 100

Part of the seating area

SAM_7901.jpg
  • SAMSUNG - NX1
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/3 sec
  • ISO 100

Interior of kings house hotel (2015)

SAM_7887.jpg
  • SAMSUNG - NX1
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1 sec
  • ISO 100

Self-explanatory item

SAM_7859.jpg
  • SAMSUNG - NX1
  • 44.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 4 sec
  • ISO 200

Stone wall design.

I haven't been there after it had been renovated. If anyone here went there after, I'd love to see how it looks these days.

I like pic 1&4 for the mood it creates. The NX1 is still a great camera to use, I will keep using mine for years to come hopefully.

I like pic 1&4 for the mood it creates. The NX1 is still a great camera to use, I will keep using mine for years to come hopefully.
Thank you. I wish I had some more time with it, the view from just outside the hotel was amazing, if only I could have the camera for like five minutes next morning. I still look for NX1 from time to time on ebay, but when it is available, the price is too steep, and also the lenses :(

Back