DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

April 2023 Part I — This Month Through Your Adapted Lens

Canon 5d2 with FD bellows and reverse mounted Canon FD 50mm f1.8

dfvbus9-a3b7a104-f911-4b32-847d-2d86cbf75b64.jpg

@Manzur Fahim

Really a beautiful portrait with a lot of atmosphere in it. The rendering from focus and oof is also perfect smooth. The colors of clothes, fore and background and delicate skin are really nice.

With which adapter do you get the Sigma 105/1.4 Art on to your Fuji GFX100s? What would be the equivilant FL in 35mm FF terms?

@Manzur Fahim

Really a beautiful portrait with a lot of atmosphere in it. The rendering from focus and oof is also perfect smooth. The colors of clothes, fore and background and delicate skin are really nice.

With which adapter do you get the Sigma 105/1.4 Art on to your Fuji GFX100s? What would be the equivilant FL in 35mm FF terms?
Thank you very much for the kind words, Dirk.

I am using the Fringer EF-GFX Pro adapter. The crop factor is 0.79x, so it is equivalent to roughly 83mm @ F1.1

I am using the Fringer EF-GFX Pro adapter.

An expensive adapter, but as we can see, it is worth it to be able to have this special look (in both senses). These eyes have a nearly hypnotic effect...

An expensive adapter, but as we can see, it is worth it to be able to have this special look (in both senses). These eyes have a nearly hypnotic effect...
Expensive, yes. But this adapter is amazing. It has lens profiles for some lenses, which acts as a native lens i.e. the camera recognizes them as native lens, not adapted lens. Also you can edit the .ini file in PC to tweak the firmware, or enable / disable profiles on the go without a computer. This adapter is really good, it is worth purchasing specially if someone has EF lenses lying around.

View attachment 2179

Pentax 85mm F4.5 Ultra-Achromatic Takumar, wide-open on the Nikon Z5.
Nice image, the wet flowers look good. I have trouble getting good images of white azelias myself because of their very whiteness. Perhaps if you could hve stopped down a trifle you might have brought more of the lower lhs of the image into focus. Softer edges don't matter so much ... or maybe you could crop some to avoid that part - square may have worked.

Back