DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Affinity

I'm not certain that I noticed a big difference between v1 and v2 but I had purchased v1 on sale so the move to v2 at "full price" still was a bargain.
I've used the focus stacking quite a bit and I'm hoping to use the Astrophotography stacking feature once there are some clear night skies.

I'm hoping that Serif have another sale on V2 as I've just cut the cord with Adobe finally

Even at the current price it's still a steal for the suite. You get all 3 apps and you can install on all platforms.
I totally agree - the trouble is as a hobbyist /personally/ I have no need for either designer or publisher & I also only use a Mac, so buying the suite (even with the discount for being a V1 owner) doesn't make sense for me sadly - I noticed they had a "sale" last May so I can wait for now, but not adversed to buying V2 at full price if needs be as worth it IMHO (we all like a bargain thats all)

Shelton.

I totally agree - the trouble is as a hobbyist /personally/ I have no need for either designer or publisher & I also only use a Mac, so buying the suite (even with the discount for being a V1 owner) doesn't make sense for me sadly - I noticed they had a "sale" last May so I can wait for now, but not adversed to buying V2 at full price if needs be as worth it IMHO (we all like a bargain thats all)

Shelton.
I am in the same situation. A hobbyist, on V1 of Affinity Photo which has been just a great piece of software

I am in the same situation. A hobbyist, on V1 of Affinity Photo which has been just a great piece of software
I can't use my V1 anymore as its a windows licence & I swapped to a mac about 9 months ago, I am learning Darktable to replace Lightroom, then hope to add Affinity to replace PS as I can't get on with gimp!

Shelton.

Any Affinity Photo users out there?
I recently started to "play" with Affinity Photo. I purchased the Affinity Suite back in the late fall when the suite was last on sale. I purchased AP specifically to add to my photo editing workflow with On1 Photo Raw. I had pretty much moved away from Adobe back in 2017, although I still had CS6 copies of PS and LR.

Affinity Photo fits well with On1, which I use for organizing and rating my raw Nikon files, as well as to process and print the images. I have really liked the fact that all the processing and editing is done on the raw files, eliminating the need (most of the time) to create large tif or psd files for further editing.

Sometimes the editing can slow to a crawl, which is my main complaint with On1. It usually happens while zoomed in and trying to pan around to perform some type of brushing action; ie cleaning up a mask ...it can be brutal! That is where I hope that AP can help.

The "dialog" with AP and On1 are very similar, both working with layers and masks.

Anybody else using both On1 and AP? What is your workflow like?

Michael

Any Affinity Photo users out there?
I bought Affinity a couple of years ago when I realized my Photoshop CS6 would no longer work with a newer computer, and I didn't really want to go the subscription route if I didn't have to. At the same time I also got Luminar, and I wanted to try both programs before deciding what to do. I used Affinity a bit, and it had its similarities with Photoshop, but after I used Luminar I decided I liked it much better for the type of processing I do. I still have Affinity, but I haven't used it for at least a year.

I bought Affinity a couple of years ago when I realized my Photoshop CS6 would no longer work with a newer computer, and I didn't really want to go the subscription route if I didn't have to. At the same time I also got Luminar, and I wanted to try both programs before deciding what to do. I used Affinity a bit, and it had its similarities with Photoshop, but after I used Luminar I decided I liked it much better for the type of processing I do. I still have Affinity, but I haven't used it for at least a year.
Thanks for that insight. We all are lucky to have options. This "Retouching" Category might benefit from a thread on Luminar and your input. We all could learn from your experiences with Luminar. A thread dedicated to discussing Luminar could be popular and helpful.
Thanks again for your input, it is much appreciated.

Back