DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Do photographers posting here want honest feedback, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you requested feedback, why would a "gallery" or portfolio or website or anything else be a requirement for providing feedback or a response in a topic?
To know whether you are dealing with a 'fauxtographer'
Ones that can't walk the talk.

Wow, 16 pages on whether photo's posted on a photo site are open to C&C! After reading the responses here I don't think I will be responding substantively to any posted photo even if C&C is requested. Too many enormous egos. I often wonder if the Original Sin of DPR was eliminating "Thumbs down". It was a way to give some gross feedback to the OP without having to specifically critisize a posted photo, concept or phiolosophy, and also to let reviewers know if they might want to pass over a thread without reading it. Eliminating "thumbs down" simply encouraged detailed negative responses.

I believe at one point DPR resolved this issue by providing a mechanism for the OP to specifically request C&C. Is my mind playing tricks on me or was that a reality?

I hoped I don't get banned for this post.

Tedolph

I hoped I don't get banned for this post.

tedolph, could you please stop with this?

We discussed this now long enough in the other thread.

If you think that you write something wrong, then simply do not post it. I do not like playing games here.

This link should end this thread decisively. If this link fails to end this thread, then we have some real individual personal issues pending on this well-built forum.

Just had a bloke or woman or something take me down a few pegs on Pentax SLR Talk DPR . . his/ her words were well of interlect yet he has no gallery to see.
At least show me your stunners so I can see who you are otherwise i believe you are a troll. Good with words though. Pictures probably not.
This attitude was prevalent at DPReview - you don't have any pictures in your (DPReview) gallery therefore you're a know-nothing.
Did you know that many of us were on DPReview for many years before they even had a gallery? Some of us keep our pictures elsewhere.
Some of us also shoot for ourselves, not to share random images with random strangers.
Finally, "stunners" is so highly-subjective, it's meaningless. My "stunners" may be toss in the trash for you, and the reverse is even more likely to be true. So what does showing you my personal favorites prove? Nothing, is the correct answer.

Dear members,

I think all was said what could be said. Maybe not yet from everyone, but after 16 pages, it is unlikely that we find a new idea for a perfect solution, which will please everybody

Thank you all for your input, esperiences, suggestions. I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back