German Canadian lenses

Who can tell me something about the diffrences between the Canadian and the German lenses.
Is ther a quality difference ?? It seems that some types of lenses are more available in Canadian cversions.

Bye Marc

tigerish

I think there's a perception that 'Made in Germany' is best, but I'm not sure that it's well founded. When I bought my R6 in the early 1990s it came with a 'Made in Canada' 50/2. In those days Leica quality control was second to none, and I've had no reason to complain. Interestingly there are discussions on dpreview about Leica quality in their association with Panasonic at present. I still think that anything with the name 'Leica' on it is a guarantee of quality.

Regards

ealbesi

> Hi Marc, > > There are no optical or mechanical quality differences between > canadian and german made lenses. > There are lenses that have been only built in Canada, and lenses > that have been built only in Germany. > There are lenses that have been built in either country, and then > collectors tend to predilige the german made ones, thus inflating a

> bit their prices. > > As an ex&le, > the Noctilux 50/1.0 has only been produced in Canada > the tri-elmar has only been produced in Germany > the summicron 35/2 in M mount has been produced at both sites, and > the german made ones are a 10-40% more expensive, depending on the > market > > > best, >

ealbesi

Hi Marc,

There are no optical or mechanical quality differences between canadian and german made lenses. There are lenses that have been only built in Canada, and lenses that

have been built only in Germany. There are lenses that have been built in either country, and then collectors tend to predilige the german made ones, thus inflating a bit their prices.

As an ex&le, the Noctilux 50/1.0 has only been produced in Canada the tri-elmar has only been produced in Germany the summicron 35/2 in M mount has been produced at both sites, and the german made ones are a 10-40% more expensive, depending on the market

best,

Ed Albesi