DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Takumar Surpise

laurence2

I got back some transparencies from shooting with the old, somewhat maligned, Takumar 300/6.3.

The Tak 6.3 is pretty much a "standard look" for the 300mm lenses of the 60s and 70s. However, it is quite light in weight, and can be hand-held for some images if care is taken. This is a pre-set lens, and I really like the pre-set capability.

I must say that I'm frankly pretty impressed with the old beater Takumar. With the proper scanning, and even a rather "no-name" lens with a slow open aperture, there is still merit in taking pictures with this old lens.

Camera: Revueflex 3003 (Chinon clone) M42

And since I was using the SMC Takumar 100/4 with the SD-14 as well, the last two macro shots are from that combination.

I will use the Takumar 300/6.3 on the SD-14 tomorrow, and see how that goes.

Attachments

• Trill Vert Red_cleaned.jpg
    EXIF
    Trill Vert Red_cleaned.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Interior_cleaned.jpg
    EXIF
    Interior_cleaned.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Close Spadix Soft_cleaned.jpg
    EXIF
    Close Spadix Soft_cleaned.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 8
Forgot the "landscape" film shot from the Takumar 300/6.3, so here it is:

Attachments

• F22_Tak_300_6_3_Floor_cleaned.jpg
    EXIF
    F22_Tak_300_6_3_Floor_cleaned.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 16
Awesome shots Laurence,
I can't wait to see more. I love the landscape shot.

Hi Laurence,

Interesting colors, the combination of the yellow and green. I look forward to seeing the 300 and sd14 combo.

good luck with your pictures,

Robert

Back