DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

I recently picked up a nice looking R6, as a back up mechanical unit for an R9. I am surprisingly impressed with it. So much so I told my leica shop off for not selling me one years ago. I hope Solms have mech. SLR on the design board now that the R6.2 has been dropped from production.

Craig

PS is grammatically correct to say an R9, M3, MP etc, or a R9…….

PPS Don’t know how half my post got on list before I had finished it, sorry.

Hi Marc: Regarding the problems with your R8, there were some "bugs" with earlier built models. These problems, electrical in the main I believe, were fixed ( often gratis ) by Leica in NJ who took the opportunity to bring those R8s which were returned up to standards of those which were then currently produced. Obviously the R8 has been superceeded by the R9, but I think you might still be able to avail yourself to the excellent Leica policy regarding repairs on the "older" R8 models. Would be worth a call to them. Best of luck.

====================================================

Posted by Photo Phreak on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 7:35 pm:

====================================================

Somehow the answer got lost ! Here is another attempt.

I believe it is an before a vowel and a before a consonant.

PS is grammatically correct to say an R9, M3, MP etc, or a R9... > Somehow the answer got lost ! Here is another attempt. > > I believe it is an before a vowel and a before a consonant.

The convention is to use "a" before an aspirated letter sound like hotel, and "an" over a non-aspirated letter sound like heir.

So in this case, because you are not writing "an Reflex," You are writing "an ARE (R)"

Also the sound M is emm, thus would get "an Emm"

Love that language.

Sonny

I got aspirated so many times in college I lost count. 20 years as a friend of Bill W. and Dr. Bob has cleared some of that up. Think our English is peculiar try Koine Greek!

Back