DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Some experimenting with slow-shutter-speed action shots

WizArt

Because of the boring weather, I started some experimenting with panning shots... ;)
Cheers Koni

ND6_6781.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D6
  • Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
  • 95.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

ND6_6793.jpg
  • 98.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

ND6_6813.jpg
  • 98.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

ND6_7068 1.jpg
  • 86.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/80 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 140

ND6_7077.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please look at the FAQ for image uploading to get the images bigger. I changed it now in the obove posting for you.
Thanks Dirk! I'll have a look into the FAQs...

Really good combo of blur in the water and background and freezing the rider.
Thank you surfoxy. I tried different shutter speeds, >1/100s didn't yield enough of an effect (blurring/speed effect) while <1/60s would have provided a real nice streaking effect, but I wasn't able to have the riders sharp enough for my taste anymore... So I went for 1/80s what gave me a somewhat tolerable keeper rate of about 1 to 3 shots out of a set of 20 - what equals to one passing by of one rider at my spot. Usually my using range for scenarios like this is in between 1/60s and 1/100s, depending on distance and focal length.
I really would like to encourage everybody to try things like that! It's just plain fun - and I like the effect!

Back