DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Upload size limit - (automate?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbmaj7

I have no problem with the 4MB limit on uploads, but it is tedious to downsize and save larger images before uploading. It would be great if the PR forum could automate that process so that a larger image could be directly uploaded at a proper size.

Where are your images hosted?

Try to embed your images. See the FAQ for image uploads.
I have no problem embedding images. I just do it directly from my IPad Photos app. I am just inquiring whether the process of shrinking a larger photo to 4MB or less could be automated by the forum software. I’m just too lazy to resize every image every time I want to post if I don’t have to.

I am just inquiring whether the process of shrinking a larger photo to 4MB or less could be automated by the forum software.
this is currently the case

Wow, I thought this site had a larger file size allowance than dprevived but it is the same 4MB, and I am not interested in using other sites like Flicks because many times I may post photos concerning lenses and other things here that I don't want to put on my Flicks.
The DPR site allowed 20MB JPEG sizes which was the biggest reason I used that site. I didn't have to save extra jpegs everytime I wanted to post photos as my normally saved jpegs were under 20MB which was great.
So what I feared has come to pass, no other site I have found allows photo posting like DPR did and that single issue was what depressed me the most and sure enough, looks like I am out of luck for no telling how long until I find a forum like the old DPR.
For some reason I thought this site had a much larger limit but unfortunately, same as dprevived.
DAMN, this will be a huge hole in my photography life.

Anyone know of any forums that allow a larger size limit and ease of just the good ole browse you files and upload?

There are no other free sites, which offer file sizes what DPReview had. Amazon payed the bills. And even Amazon decided, that it is not worth it

It is time to get realistic. There is no Amazon here or somewhere else. ;)

We all have to bite the bullet. Welcome to reality :)

Anyone know of any forums that allow a larger size limit and ease of just the good ole browse you files and upload?

When you stop being an axxxxx, I would suggest you setup your own forum and see just how much storage space costs - then you might realise what a pr!ck you sound

Last edited by a moderator:
When you stop being an axxxxx, I would suggest you setup your own forum and see just how much storage space costs - then you might realise what a pr!ck you sound
What a dumb response. To start with, I never said I wanted FREE. I would have no problem paying a couple bucks a month for another dpr. What is frustrating is that there were already plenty of other forums that have small file size limits like Fujix and such. So on DPR we saw exciting new posts about new forums like revived AS IF they were actual replacements for DPR only to now find out they are just new versions of forums that were already in existence. In other words, nothing new but just the forums. Revived was pushed hard by moderators and other long time members as a real alternative to DPR when there were already several other forums that have bigger user bases than these new ones. POTN (Photography on the Net) already has near half a million members and a load of forum sections. I have been a member there for many years but they also have a small limit.
So my problem is how these new sites were pushed on DPR as a real alternative and it turns out they are the same as sites that have already been in existence for years and those sites have many thousands of members already.

So it was the way these two forums were pushed over at DPR.
Dirk, I appreciate your response, but I never saw a statement like yours over at DPR as this forum was being sold in threads. I would have preferred to see that same statement over there.

So, obviously, if all forums now have small limits, why wouldn't someone simply want to use a forum with the most members like POTN? The more members, the more discussion, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back