CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Goodge Street Open Space

polypal

It looks like Louis is totally under the unfluence of the SWC.
Nice shot with lots of "couleur locale".

Sorry for the French, could not find a better phrase to express my opinion

Paul

biglouis

Thanks, Odile and Paul.

I am definitely getting a lot of enjoyment out of the SWC. The challenge is to match the field of view to the subject. In this case I did crop down partly to see how much detail I could extract from the neg.

LouisB

cs_foto

nice shot! brings back good memories, cold london! i crossed that same view many many times :D

out of interest, how much did you crop? looking at the straight vertical lines and the semi-flat perspective seems like you cropped quite a lot, maybe to around an 80mm view equivalent?

biglouis

Please, Log in or Register to view quote content!

Thanks for the comment. My maths make it about 40% of the original scan (which was 7060x7060!) using the 7x6 crop overlay in LR3.

While calculating the crop % I decided I much preferred the original, unprocessed scan, which has only been resized to fit the requirements of the forum.

You can see the (almost) complete lack of distortion which is a wonderful feature of this lens/camera.

LouisB

View attachment 3330

Attachments

• goodge-street-open-space-s-full-frame.jpg
    goodge-street-open-space-s-full-frame.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2
  • goodge-street-open-space-s-full-frame.jpg
    goodge-street-open-space-s-full-frame.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2