DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The official trains, planes and trams thread #1

Thanks for restarting this thread. Here's one from me to help get things under way.
GWR Class 800 IET 800031 forming 1L70 the 09.59 from Cheltenham Spa to London Paddington is nearing journeys end as it races through West Ealing on the GWML
0344_Sept_edit_01.JPG
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D850
  • 62.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 800

Lan, those are some beautiful trains you posted but the lands they travel over are beautiful, too.

I have a question for you: in this thread are boats and ships included? :geek:
Thank you Box Man!

I can't speak for everyone else, but boats and ships sound good to me - go for it :)

Very good work, Lan!
Great to see you found some nice colour and even some sunny spells :)

André
Thank you André, I did indeed! I do love taking pictures of the bulb fields. There's nothing like seeing a few million daffodils in the sun - if I can add trains to that, then I'm a very happy person :)

Thank you Box Man!

I can't speak for everyone else, but boats and ships sound good to me - go for it :)
Thanks, Lan, for the reply! If ships were not intended for this thread then I won't post any. Either way I am okay. :daumenhoch-smilie:

The D90 performed quite well here. I guess this is one reason why it was so popular in its day. Great shots!
Thanks. Those are from an airshow in New Hampshire a couple of years ago. I think I took 1,500+ shots that day :LOL:.
I have now a D500 as well, which compared to the D90 is a speed demon and has better low ISO performance (among many other differences). However, I still use the 13-yr old D90 as a backup body when I do not want to swap lenses and the shooting conditions are within its capabilities.

fullsizeoutput_5391.jpeg

N700 Shinkansen

The white Shinkansen in the photo is arguably the most widely taken bullet train, connecting the Tokyo Metro area with its eastern destinations, as well as major cities like Yokohama, Nagoya, Kyoto, and Osaka.

Full steam ahead!! LOL

Last edited:
Back