DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Edit posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDoss

Is it possible to edit posts once they are published? I don't see the option anywhere, and wondering if I'm overlooking it.

once they are published

After publishing it, there is a 10 minutes window to edit.

If there is something important to change later, just PM a moderator. Please not for typos ;)

Before publishing you have 24 hours. There is a save draft feature in the text box. Use that one.

No, there are various reasons why we do not want to have a longer editing time after hitting the reply button.

This 10 minute time frame is the best compromise after testing many different ones over the last 20 years ;)

No, there are various reasons why we do not want to have a longer editing time after hitting the reply button.

This 10 minute time frame is the best compromise after testing many different ones over the last 20 years ;)
Ehhh... 10 minutes is not enough, especially for people like me) I am not a native English speaker )

Ehhh... 10 minutes is not enough, especially for people like me) I am not a native English speaker )
Well, same for me but I'll live with my own spelling mistakes in English and in extreme case will post a second time with corrections. I can live with the limitation and see why it is useful. I've been on forums where people would remove or change posts making whole threads nonsensical. This is good prevention and dealing with a little nuissance like not being able to correct is not a biggie IMHO.

I am not a native English speaker )
Neither am I :)

Just take your time while writing. Again, there is no limit before hitting the reply button.

You have 5 different "support levels". Just use them and there will be no problem at all.

1. No time limitation while writing
2. Use "save draft" feature
3. Use "Preview" feature
4. Hit reply and get another 10 minutes on top
5. After that send a PM to a moderator

There is nothing we can improve if we would change step #4 to 20 minutes/1 hour/1 week.

The problems will always be the same, but the longer that time is, the more lazy people get to check in time their writing or use the preview feature.

If you look at these 5 steps, it is hard to believe that this is not helping enough.

I've been on forums where people would remove or change posts making whole threads nonsensical. This is good prevention and dealing with a little nuissance like not being able to correct is not a biggie IMHO.
exactly

I liked the way DPR had it so that once there was a reply you couldn't edit. Before that you could. Different software I guess.

Danny.

I liked the way DPR had it so that once there was a reply you couldn't edit. Before that you could. Different software I guess.

Danny.
This is technically not possible here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back