DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SOme creek and waterfall images

Analog6

I haven't been getting out much lately, a bit short of the old folding I'm afraid. And we have, as you may have read, had LOTS of rain.

However, last month a friend and I made a trip to Springbrook National Park to capture the falls at Natural Bridge.

1. Natural Bridge, Springbrook National Park, Qld, Australia. Taken 5 January 2010 with the H2 & PhaseOne P20 & HC50-110 lens.

I am pleased with this pano - sometimes when I am lugging that heavy camera around I think to myself is it all worth it - this one certainly answers me with a resounding YES! The detail at full size (10000 x 5035) is nothing short of astounding.

RAW processing in Capture One 5 and then a very light process, mainly Vibrance, in PS.

Natural Bridge pano #1 by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

2. Cave Creek above NB

cave ck below natural arch cropped by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

3. And below
I am really pleased with this one, I’d go so far as to say it is one of the best shots I’ve taken. RAW processing in Capture One 5 and then a very light process, mainly Vibrance, in PS.

The lighting was cloudy but bright, with trees and a bridge over the creek.

Swirls & Eddies by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

Odille
---------

My Facebook / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My 2011 Calendars / My Primal Blog / My Commentary Blog[/SIZE][/B]

Beautiful images Odille! I love all three of them. The pano is really nice.

Trying to remember if I ever went to this national park when I lived in Queensland.....35 years ago. I'll have to look it up.

I've been following the news about the rain and floods closely, since I lived in Brisbane for two years. The Courier Mail has been my main source of information and photos. I hope that you have been above the flood levels and have stayed as dry as possible.

All the best,

Gary
Alaska
Only cold and snowy here

We are high and dry here at Terranora but we did have over 1000mm of rain in the last 3 months of 2010, and our roof was leaking into the roof/ceiling cavity and it caused some problems. All fixed now, thank goodness.

Springbrook and Natural Arch are good spots for me as access is easy and I can drag my gear on a little trolly I have, gives my poor ankle a rest!

We are high and dry here at Terranora but we did have over 1000mm of rain in the last 3 months of 2010, and our roof was leaking into the roof/ceiling cavity and it caused some problems.

1000mm.... grown gills yet? :sad:

It feels like it - the house has sprouted mould in odd places and garden is just devastated, all our veges except some hardy tomatoes right by the wall and a couple of pumpkins drowned - some plants were washed right out of the ground. The heavy rain in October even knocked all the flowers off the avocado tree so we got far fewer than usual this year.

This is HORRIBLE:proud: You really make me wanting to go there but unfortunately cannot now. These pictures are really nice. Many thanks for sharing. Hope it gets a bit dryer for you down there now.

keep up the good work,

Ronald

Woa! I didn't understand Sailronin's comment about pythons until just now, when just by chance, I looked at your blog Odille. Amazing! Oh my gosh!

Gary

Australia seems to get far more than a fair share of the powers of nature.
I wish all those living especially users of this forum in Australia safety and minimum damage during these difficult times.

Yes, bensonga, we have been visited by the big python! He was very beautiful though - I took those shots with the Lumix so can't post 'em here.

polypal - we are sure getting hammered this year but then the Us & Europe are getting hammered by cold stuff. The joys of climate change. I wonder what winter will bring for us . . .?

Back