DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

M6TTL loose advance lever

A

azicat

Hello everyone - this is my first posting to this forum.

I have a Leica M6TTL which seems to have a fair amount of play in the film advance lever. The whole lever & shutter button surround seems to be able to move vertically (up & down) about 0.5mm. I actually had to readjust the leaf spring on the base of the camera because the button wouldn't trigger the shutter when the lever was 'moved up' vertically.

Is this a known problem with the M6, or is this free play normal?

Thanks in advance.

It's normal,

even my M3 does it so does the M5 and the M7.
So I hope it's normal if you know what I mean.

Cheers Craig

Thanks Craig. I was just wondering as I bought an M2 last month and it's as tight as a drum. After using the M2, the M6TTL feels loose & crappy - poorer viewfinder/rangefinder, lighter weight (which can also be a good thing), and the film advance lever issues as mentioned.

Kelvin

The “loose†film advance lever is something I just recently noticed on one my Ms. So I tested the others and they too had some play. The amount was different for each camera. But I assume this situation is normal. Now I wonder why your M2 lever “is as tight as a drumâ€.

And yes, the “feal†and handling of the older Ms is definitely quite different to that you get with M4-2 to M7 cameras. While the MP has more of a traditional “feal†about it.

Craig.

Back