DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Z6 vs Z6II (I know, I know, it's been discussed to death but...)

I'm on the road currently, visiting relatives and checking out the sights where they live. I got out of my car at a trailhead and the first guy I talked to, well, he said he was a beginning photographer and when he found out I was a photographer he had questions

I'm thinking "beginning photographer" and figured he was shooting with his phone. But no, he had a Z6II with the Nikon 28-75. He showed me his work and basically the guy was no beginner when it came to his composition and processing and choice of subjects. The guy was good! I was impressed and told him so and gave him all the encouragement I could, but also said keep your day job while learning

OK, now to my question for you: I've had two Z5, sold both, now have many DSLRs and one Z50. For those of you who currently have a Z6Ii and hopefully had a Z6, which one should I concentrate on researching and getting? I know that's a vague question but surely some of you have your own opinions of one versus the other. Thanks

I can't offer any advice on upgrades, but I have a question. What did you not like about the Z5 that made you sell both?

I can't offer any advice on upgrades, but I have a question. What did you not like about the Z5 that made you sell both?
Because it's 4k video wasn't any sharper than my Z50 and it's D750 based sensor didn't take "better" stills than my D610. Yeah, it had IBIS which I liked but overall it wasn't a needed addition to my stable

If sharpness, image detail, is a theme for your stills, you might consider a Z7 or Z7 ii . The S line lenses deliver "sharp" images when pixel peeping at 45 Mpix. The Z7 ii + Z 24-120mm f/4 is a great travel combo for me.

Back