DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

How to get my Carl Zeiss lenses on a digital body?

G

is there a way to get my c/y lenses on a digital body (i.e. non contax) by mean of a ring or anything like that ? why isnt yashica manufacturing one ?

i'd love, like many others for sure, be able to give a second life to my lenses...

Bob Shell commissioned and sells an adapter to attach C/Y lenses to Canon EOS mount:

http://www.bobshell.com/store/products/g-adapt-01.htm

I bought my first C/Y lens thinking to deploy it on my Canon EOS D30 DSLR, but was side-tracked when I handled the 159MM. Big mistake! Now I'm shooting film again, and just use Canon lenses on the digital side.

Word is the Shell adapter works, but be aware of two aspects: locking screw, and stop-down metering. To avoid futzing with the locking screw on every lens change, you want to keep the adapter on the lens: buy an adapter for each active lens. Metering requires stopping down because camera linkage is not provided.

>Thanks, Rico... I hope I am replying in the proper manner as this is the first time I have done this. Your message is the first ray of hope that I will be able to accomplish what I desire to do. However I am really interested in adapting the Zeiss/Contax lenses to a Nikon mount since most of the newer high-end digital SLRs seem to have chosen this as their standard. I have not yet chosen and purchased a good digital camera so if I have to I could certainly go with the Canon. I have e--mailed Bob Shell to see what he has to offer or suggest. Once again, thanks <font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•

Back