DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

50f2 Summircon DR

Dear Justin,
Thank you so much for your answer-- it's fortunate to have you as member of this forum.
Best regards,

Juan

I would be most grateful if someone could give me contact details for Malcolm Taylor as I have a lens that needs recoating and some scuff marks on the front element polishing out. Not a Leica but a Zeiss Vario Sonnar but Malcolm might be prepared to lower himself.
Many thanks
Wilson

Dear All

Like most of you I am also a beneficiary of the rich experience and generous knowledge and information promulgated by Justin Scott.

Thank you Justin.

Malcolm Taylor during business hours (UK) only:

Phone/fax: +44 (1568) 770-542

Justin,

My old Summarit is full of small scratches (or separation? it is called?). Can recoating help? How long does it take?

Ref back to the topic, I learnt the early one 50 DR, with only inch or m scales, and reproduction ratio has better quality. any idea?

Patrick

Dear Patrick,

Yes, polishing the front element of your Summarit and recoating it will improve the lens considerably.

The "dual-range" Summicron is a better lens than even the best Summarit you can find. It matters not whether an early or late one. The optics are the same.

Justin

As an "old-timer" the 50MM is my standard lens. I have DR's in place on two M5s at all times. The only time I go to the newest version is when I need the contrast at F2 and F2.8.
With Photoshop available, and my comfort level with it expanding, I probably will not need the newer version much longer.
The close-up ability saves me, at times, from the tripod,Visoflex, extention tubes, and my Hektor 125MM.

Fungus
67713.jpg

Back