DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

D70 frame counter

Larry,

Thanks for the posting - very informative. I had seen your page on bracketing before but haven't a chance to try it out myself.

Manu

I think that the composition of each picture determines the file size and the file size is what the memory card is averaging.
Are all your pictures the same file size?

> I have been having 2 problems with the frame counter versus the file name on my D70.

1) Is there a way to make the LCD display show you the file number of the image instead of the sequential "shoot" number (counter). I shoot a lot of sports and delete on the fly. I record the frame number often when the player uniform numbers are not visible in the shot. When I upload the images to my computer, the frame numbers as shown in the LCD and subsequently recorded on my notepad do not always match the file number.

2)Has anyone discovered that when you download pictures into iPhoto the image numbers displayed by iPhoto are not always the actual D70 filename number? There is a round about way to correct this using the "Photo/Batch" menu bar at the top, but you have to remember to do this first thing after you load your images into iPhoto. Never trust the image numbers that iPhoto assigns to each of them, because when you copy an entire shoot to a CD, your image numbers may not match the actual file number and you end up with different prints that you originally wanted. >

Back