DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

TC14e II Teleconverter Compatibility with AF 50mm 18 D lens

M

mholdef

I just bought a TC-14E II teleconverter to go with my 300mm AFS lens and was wondering if it would work well with my AF 50mm f/1.8 D lens.

I know teleconverters are usually for telephoto lenses but was wondering about a) compatibility with a 50mm and b) quality of pictures from such a combination.

Might sound like a silly question but before experimenting wanted to get some feedback.

Mark

"This converter will increase the focal length of the lens by 1.4x, and reduces the lens aperture by one f/stop. Only limited AF possible with AF-S 500mm f/4D ED-IF (II) and AF-S 600mm f/4D ED-IF (II).
Due to the high-quality design of this converter (5 elements/5 groups), the teleconverter will only fit and work with a select range of lenses. Only the following lenses are compatible:AF-S 80-200mm f/2.8D ED-IF, AF-S 300mm f/2.8D ED-IF (II), AF-S 300mm f/4D ED-IF, AF-S 400mm f/2.8D ED-IF (II), AF-S 500mm f/4D ED-IF (II), AF-S 600mm f/4D ED-IF (II), AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR. Autofocusing only possible when used with D1, D1X, D1H, D100, F5, F100, N90s, N80, N75, N65 AF SLR Cameras. "

Can't see the logic of why someone would even want to attempt connecting it to an AF 50mm f/1.8 D lens.

I have a question about this teleconverter working on my new 80-200mm Nikor f2.8. This is the newest type. Is this the AFS lense talked about in the previous post?

Arthur: Pls see my previous post. You must have just missed it.

> Posted by Russell Grace (Russphoto) on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - > 6:17 pm: > > Can't see the logic of why someone would even want to attempt > connecting it to a 50mm f.18 D lens.

Could it possibly be to create a 70mm lens? A rather nice focal length for formal portraits and a bit of softness may be a virtue in such cases.

larry! http://www.larry-bolch.com/ ICQ 76620504

...and if you do not beleve that it is incompatible - try. But be carefull because you might damage the rear element in the 50 mm lens. The teleconverter and the lens do not function together, tecnically. Lars

Back