DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Newbie checking in, SF Bay Area

axcross

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex and as of last week I am a happy owner of a nearly new Hasselblad 501C. It's my first Hasselblad, but after I've developed the test rolls I shot last week I can say this is surely a beginning of a new stage for me.

I was shooting digital for three or four years until found my digital backpack collecting dust for more than 7 months. In December I received a medium format Pentax for my birthday, and all of a sudden I was shooting again, and in 2-months time I've gathered almost a full line-up of lens, as well as a smaller(6x4.5) format body as a backup. Then two weeks I scored a PME-90 prism in a demo condition from the shelf of my local photo store. It was a steal, and I didn't really need it as I didn't have a camera yet - but decided I'd get it just to have it at this price for future and get the camera in a couple of months. So there it sat in the box on one of my shelves for a week. Until last week when I was reading about different Hasselblad V cameras, and decided to take a look online to see which ones go for how much. I've got the feeling of pricing(ouch! for a grad student), but the morning after an awesome 501C showed up on an auction site, but the seller was local to me - and I was picking up the camera off him in two hours' time. It was a kit w/ the A-12 back and CF 80 lens, so the instance I got home I loaded some Acros and on the prism came and off I was testing my new gear out.

Since then I've acquired another lens, a CF 150 from the same nice gentleman and happily enjoy all of my new equipment and now I've found a great forum!

Welcome here,

From what you just wrote I am sure hasselbladinfo just gained another motivated user of MF cameras.
With your recently bought 501C plus lenses you are certainly in for a good time with Hasselblad equipment.

If you do not have a manual for the camera yet please note manuals can be downloaded free of charge from: www.hasselblad.com
To get acces to the download section you have to register as a user with the serial number of your 501C. That is all

Welcome here,

From what you just wrote I am sure hasselbladinfo just gained another motivated user of MF cameras.
With your recently bought 501C plus lenses you are certainly in for a good time with Hasselblad equipment.

If you do not have a manual for the camera yet please note manuals can be downloaded free of charge from: www.hasselblad.com
To get acces to the download section you have to register as a user with the serial number of your 501C. That is all

Thank you Polypal,

Indeed, I am having a great time!
I'm also considering getting another camera, maybe in less beautiful condition, as I'll be going to the desert soon and don't want my beautiful 501c to be abused;)

Back