DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

50mm14 or 50mm17

Hmm... I'll try to look around for the 1.4/50. Either I buy it brand new in shops locally at around US$340 or look for better deals online, which shipping cost will not make up for the difference either.

I prefer to shoot hand held than with a tripod because of convenience, and well, usually in low light conditon, now i'm reflecting if such a practice is worth my money. Maybe I should just bring the tripod along.

Is there a different version of 1.4, with regards to Walther's comment of USED? How do I tell which version is it?

On another note, where can i find the "German 2nd hand market"?

Thanks all for your kind comments!

>you can get it from ebay.de (germany) for about USD 150/EUR150, make sure >it has the green highest aperture (MM). German ebay sellers are more honest than US domestic ebay.com Rainer -------------------------- Hmm... I'll try to look around for the 1.4/50. Either I buy it brand new in shops locally at around US$340 or look for better deals online, which shipping cost will not make up for the difference either.

I prefer to shoot hand held than with a tripod because of convenience, and well, usually in low light conditon, now i'm reflecting if such a practice is worth my money. Maybe I should just bring the tripod along.

Is there a different version of 1.4, with regards to Walther's comment of USED? How do I tell which version is it?

I tried accessing the German ebay. Unfortunately, I do not read German... it's a hard time understanding.

I cannot recommend ebay United Kingdom for two reasons: - shipping cost are a hell of a fortune (twice as high as shipping from USA to Europe!) - I got sold twice out of three times near DOA (computer items) not so cool experience from UK Pls. note that man Germans are fluent in english, one can use the "ask seller a question" feature prior to bidding --Rainer

Hi Rainer,

I am sorry that you had bad experiences with ebay in the uk. I have a small computer business here and ship stuff as far away as Kenya. I agree that many germans and other europeans are fluent or can understand enough english to get by with. I wish it was the same the other way around! As to high postage charges, is it to make up some extra profit? I have just been charged 14€ to send a 2nd user ever ready case from germany in a 2nd user box, as you know the cases are lightweight. So that means more money for the seller, but I agreed. I shipped a computer base unit to Spain and the cost for the insured 12 kg package was 50€ (or 200€ by ups). Shipping from the US to the UK is usually Very expensive, probably for the same resasons, my relatives in the US ship to me for a lot less.

Why do a lot of ebayer only sell within their country? I miss out on a lot of items in germany.

Many thanks for your contributions, keep them coming.

Paul

Jesus Loves YOU ALL!!

I agree, why do ebayer only sell within their country? Even when I agree to pay for shipping charges, they declined my offer to ship out of US.

Yes, it is a big market out there, both they and we would get better results if they didn't keep themselves to themselves. I can see the point for heavy and/or cheap/bulky items. Maybe they are afraid of the weight shift around the world!!

many us domestic ebay users will ship out of their country for the first time in their life. Most are totally inexperienced :) :)

I just bought a 50mm 1.4 CZ MM lens.
Not cheap though.
And its just great (for a 35mm film format ).

You get those nice Carl Zeiss colours.
Very Sharp, a little better than the Nikon and Canons but much better colours.
IMHO

Bill down under.
also the Contax distributor , had then in stock, not like the Nikon distributer who holds FA.

Back