CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Help best repair service for my RX in Europe

rfranca

Hi,
I own a Contax RX SLR since 1998 that has now suffered a breakdown: whenever I shoot with apertures smaller than f11 the shutter or aperture blades freeze and I have to shutdown the camera for the mirror to unlock and then the film advances quite a bit more than it should.
As the service here in Portugal is poor, I'd be grateful if you could advise me where to send my camerra: UK, France or Germany.
Thanks in advance,
Ricardo

rondo

Ricardo,

Try removing the battery for one minute and then re-install it. It may need to re-set in this manner the CPU.

S

shabbir

Hi Ricardo:
For repair i suggest best place is Kyocera Hamburg for those where service enter of Co. does not exist.i passed through the same process for repair of my AX because here in Lahore-Pakistan no authorize repair and so arrange the camera through a friend and after few weeks it is back and refurbished. Although they charged on the higher side but machine will be reconditioned and u will get relief for coming years. Contact peter.schwedhelm@kyocera.de &
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. He is quite busy man and u will have to make constant efforts to locate. Anyhow it is their invention and we are in need. i think kyocera is the only co after few like Nikon which is providing repair/parts of old gears otherwise my Pentax Z1 is lying unrepaired even visiting Pentax UK. Congratulations u have gear of world reputed Kyocera which is still repairing its old models.i read few postings in the forum of repairing RTS and even older gears.