CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

HELP Different colors Contax MC UV filters

G

I noticed my multi coated UV filters for my Contax G lenses have different colors. My newest have a deep green coating and some others (some are bought second hand) have a more blue color! What does this mean? Are the ones with the more blue coating deteriorated? Do I have to replace them with new filters? How bad is this? Is it still better then single coated filters?

I don't want to work with bad filters, but I don't want to replace filters that are actually still in good shape, so your input is appreciated!

G

Sander,

different coatings reflect different colors, which not necessarily meens that one is worse than another.

My Contax 1a reflects green while my Leica UVa reflects a magenta color.

Assuming the different filters are all Contax, your observance would prove that they have changed the coating!
AFAIK the Contax filters are not made by Zeiss, but I am not shure if the coating should not be constantly T*?

Perhaps someone else can report on that.

Till

bobbl46

I remember someone telling me that a microscopic change in the coating thickness will reflect a different colour!

Cheers, Bob.