DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax N-Digital - the ultimate Contax Fan-Test....

How do you all use the different tone curve with the ND. the colors are more pastel looking and very different than a nikon d1x or canon 1d. I want to get a little more vibrant colors.

For your information, I have seen links on some of the digital newsgroups to Canon press releases detailing the announcement of an 11.1 mpixel, virtually full frame EOS camera. The press releases have since been pulled as they were apparently posted prematurely, but they appear genuine. I wonder if Contax have something in the pipeline to respond to this?

>=20 >=20 >=20 > I did not use the other setting often,mostly in standard mode and if I wa= nt to > enhance it then I use Photoshop. I tried a few times to adjust the Chrom= a at > (+) level but I don=B9t like it. I think it must be a combination of lens > character and the domain software Kyocera designed for ND. I think it is > pretty good that way. How do you compare the picture quality of D1X and = 1D? > Besides 1D being much faster? I came to HKG for a quick business meeting= only > to discover I arrived the same time as a typhoon, I have ND+50/1.4 and th= e > Ikonta 69 with me but can=B9t do much. >=20 > Brgds/kaisern >=20 >=20 >=20

I did some experimenting with other setting and it looks like the std is better than all.

> > > > Agreed. I hope ND has the same feature as Canon 1D to have a higher > compression jpeg as index when storing the picture as RAW or TIFF. By the > way, I am still very disappointed that Contax ND does not provide preview on > camera in RAW mode. > Brgds/kaisern > >

I have an RTS III; can the lenses for that camera be used on the N Digital? (the lenses are manual focus)

I would doubt it, the N mount is a new design for the N AF lenses and to accomodate the full frame ND sensor.

"I have an RTS III; can the lenses for that camera be used on the N Digital? (the lenses are manual focus)"

Currently there is no way to connect lenses for manual focus (C/Y mount) to any N-system camera (ND, N1, NX, 645)or vice versa because of the bigger N-mount. There is no adapter currently available. But you should never say never...

You can only connect 645-lenses withan adapter to N1, NX AND ND.

dirk

One of the things i have noticed about the ND, is how little sharpening is needed. they are so sharp even with the std setup. on the other hand most pics are under exposed and i now routinely set +.7 to +1 and use the spot or center metering

Back