Help New to photography & Contax

G

Hi!
My name is Dave, my main interest is astrophotography (the last 3 months). I have just acquired a Contax 139 Quartz from my dad (he has had it years and never used it)and would like some help as I am a complete beginner and never used an SLR camara before. What lenses can I use with it? and any other information would be welcomed (I have read the manual).
Thanks for your help (hopefully)
Dave

G

I have just acquired a Contax 139 Quartz from my dad (he has> had it years and never used it)and would like some help as I am a> complete beginner and never used an SLR camara before. What lenses can > I use with it? and any other information would be welcomed (I have> read the manual).

Dave , you can use any of the Carl Zeiss manual focus lenses[so called C/Y mount] , most Yashica lenses[except Auto focus one] and the ML series are reputedly quite good , plus , some of the independents made some reasonable lenses in CY mount , most notably Tamron who are the only ones still producing stuff via their adaptall mount system . Their is plenty of stuff available second hand at reasonable prices , it depends , other than your astrophotrography , what sort of stuff you want to shoot . I still use my 139 regularly , its a good camera - what else do you want to know about? Steve