CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Help

G

i own an eos 300v & do lots of rallying and would like to make my photos better please help me

eagle_arts

There are two programs that I know of that work nice for tuching up pics. One is Photo-Brush and the other is Adobe Photo Delux Home Edition 4.0! I have used both. It is amazing what you can do with them. You can get them both on line.
Photo-Brush
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Adobe

J

Jimjimsmith

One I download the photos from the camera to my hard drive, erase the memory chip in the camera, is there any method of obtaining the photoinfo from the hd (eg date taken, appeture, speed, etc)?

J

Jimjimsmith

Might have been a good idea to proofread before posting - here it is again:

Once I download the photos from the camera to my hard drive & erase the memory chip in the camera, is there any method of obtaining the photoinfo from the hd (eg date taken, aperature, speed, etc)?

fotografz

Jim, yes, just open the Canon Viewer utility select the folder you stored the CF card images in, select any image and the info will come up to the right on your screen.

C

camerafoto

Canon has very problems! The software that comes with 10D is a toy software!

J

Jimjimsmith

Well ....no
All that shows is the date I downloaded it/them to my hd

Mark Williams said:
Jim, yes, just open the Canon Viewer utility select the folder you stored the CF card images in, select any image and the info will come up to the right on your screen
In reply to my:
Once I download the photos from the camera to my hard drive & erase the memory chip in the camera, is there any method of obtaining the photoinfo from the hd (eg date taken, aperature, speed, etc)?

alan_h

How about
? I have the recovery software and it works fine for deleted files as long as they haven't been overwritten. Get Photorescue for Mac OSX, it is cheap and it works. I've also heard there is recovery software on the new Lexar cards if you download it before formatting the card. I didn't read the info and just popped my 1Gb card in and formatted it before I found out about it. Oops!

As far as software: The "Adobe Raw plug in" for PS7.0 is a life safer, too. It converts raw files in a fraction of the time tthe Canon software takes and it gives excellent previews before you develop the file.

J

Jimjimsmith

Anybody having problems printing banners on Cannon's bubblejey S520
I'm having trouble printing pannograph jpegs larger than A4 length (just refuses)

J

Jimjimsmith

Asked Cannon Help line how does one print banners using the S520 (it advertises that it does on the box) - they told me to use Windows Publisher!
That did'nt work so I sent them a enquiry via the web: Their answer was:

A new event : "S520", written on Sep 5 2003 7:12AM, has been added in response to your request.

If the application you are using is capable of supporting banner printing, you should be able to select this as a paper type option in the printer properties (windows 98, 2000) or printing preferences (Windows ME, XP).

If you should require more information, please visit
or contact the helpdesk quoting your reference:etc
-----------------------------
you'r correct - you should - you CAN'T

The paper type options available from:

S520 Printer -/ Properties/Page setup/page size/ options are: A4, Letter, 6" x 4". - only!

What do they mean" If the application you are using is capable of supporting banner printing"
Don't they know what their printer does?
They should give me genuine help - not a stock answer that took 4 days to get
Anybody know? Pleeeeese!

Jim Smith

N

ninad

I m planing to buy canon slr camera but don't have any idea about the shutter-priority and aperture-priority can anyone pleeese guide me or give me any urls by which i can easily understand the basics.