CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hi from Switzerland

samuelh

Hi,

I've had the SD14 now for two months and have really enjoyed the shots from it. Like all newbies here I've learnt a lot from reading all the posts from this forum and others and I hope to post more shots as I learn more about the eccentricities of the camera. I'd like to post a huge thank you to all you experts here that have described your experiences as they are really appreciated. Anyway here's a couple of shots I've taken recently,
Lauterbrunnen01_01.JPG

the first of the Lauterbrunnen Valley in the Bernese Oberland - I can never get enough of it

Eiger May09a_01.JPG

and the second actually being a pano of the Eiger just before a huge hailstorm hit us. I hope you like them

Cheers,
Sam

foveonfan

Hello, Samuel!

Welcome to this forum.

Your pictures have certainly inspired me at the start of a new day here in Australia. Luckily I can't yodel, or my neighbours would be calling the police to investigate the strange noises! ;) You live in a very nice part of the world.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of your countryside. Thanks for sharing.

Sincere regards, Jim Roelofs

Portfolio: www.pbase.com/jrdigitalart

Steaphany

Welcome and great images.

The first thought that came to my mind - What a great setting to shoot a spherical 360º panorama

samuelh

Welcome and great images.

The first thought that came to my mind - What a great setting to shoot a spherical 360º panorama

thanks for all the great input - I really appreciate it and as the summer progresses I hope to get more shots for you all.

I used autostitch for the pano - how would you recommend that I get a 360 pano together - I would love to have a go.

Cheers,
Sam

(I'll have to think of a good sig at some stage!)

Steaphany

Since delving into 360º panorama photography is a whole subject into itself, I'll create a new thread going into equipment and software.

For my own efforts, I have accumulated everything needed except for the panorama tripod head.

I will post the link to the new thread here when I have it posted.

Steaphany

Here is my 360º Panorama post:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

samuelh, after reading that and checking out the examples, you'll see why that presentation came to mind when I saw your photos - There would be so much more to see and a 360º would be the only way to do it.

samuelh

OMG!! That's fantastic and something I would love to try in the future. Thanks very much for the information - that thread is something that I will be revisiting again and again.

Cheers,
Sam

Steaphany

Sam,

If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Also, do explore the web sites of the links in my pano post, many have tutorials and all sorts of information.

samuelh

Another Neuchatel pano

Hi all,

I thought I'd throw in another pano as the light was fantastic last night on the lake
Lac Neuchatel pano 08Jul09.JPG

This was taken with a Zeiss Flektagon 35mm2.4 M42 - fantastic lens

I have to say - not too controversially I hope, but I'm having great trouble capturing consistent shots with my Sigma zooms (17-70 &18-200) whereas the M42 lenses have been a revelation both with colour and sharpness. Do other people see this or do I still have a learning curve to climb.

Cheers,
Sam

foveonfan

Hello Samuelh!

Re your inconsistencies, I can only vouch for myself and my lack of disappointments with my SD cameras. This does not, however, dial in possible technical issues with your equipment.

Maybe my pure pleasure derived from working with both my SD10 and SD14 can be words of encouragement to you to push even further outside your comfort zone, to maybe look at different techniques etc to overcome your consistency issue.

Sincere regards, Jim R

samuelh

spot the mistake

Ok here's another of my favourite mountain this time with the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau together
Eiger-pano-30Jul09-lo-res.jpg

but who can spot the stitching mistake!

FoveonX3

Hello,
welcome to the forum, awesome images of the mountains.

The only stitching mistake I can guess at is the two figures on the far left are repeated? but have they swapped sides on the path?

Tim