DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Filter for Digilux 2

putnasaur

Is Leica going to put out a filter for the D2? I love the camera but hate the fact there's no damn filter!
Thanks.

Bill.

> Bill,

I bought a UV filter (GBP 67) for the Digilux 2 two weeks ago as they have just become available in the UK. Their price list also details the polariser at around GBP 200.

Hope this helps

Regards

Chris

> [Bill My Leica dealer (Wey Cameras in the UK) finally got some 69mm UV filters in a about 3 weeks ago. Ludicrous price (what else is new!) but worth it for the peace of mind. I have felt very protective of my front lens element until I had the filter! Cheers Chris Kelly]

Chris, as a resident of the UK, why don't you have SRB make up a stepping ring so you can use the more available/cheaper 67mm or 72mm if 67 vignettes?
When I owned LeicaR lenses with that silly 54mm front, I had them make a 1mm step up ring so I could use 55mm B+W and other top class filters with decent selections. They will also anodise them in black for you.
Colin

I just ordered a filter through B&H. It should be here in a month. Can't wait to get it; I'll stop babying the camera and get down to business!

Bill.

> [ Bill said: > I just ordered a filter through B&H. It should be here in a month. > Can't wait to get it; I'll stop babying the camera and get down to > business!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

Hi Bill, What filter did you order and why? Surely not to protect the lens? Certainly with that humongus lens shade. ted]

Ted, I'm an Army photojournalist in Baghdad. The dust around here will kill the glass if there isn't a filter in front. There's a lot of dust on the camera after every shoot. So a filter is a must have around here.

Bill.

Thanks, Ted. So far it's been a fun shoot the last few months. I have another few to go and am looking forward to it.

Bill.

Back