DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Wild windstorms in Spain

jesito

Yesterday we had a wild windstorm covering all the northern Spain. Winds of 200 km/hour breaking trees and electricity poles. Some 12 people died under walls falling because the wind. Very unusual here.

Today, we have had a bright and sunny day without any wind at all. Local firemen and emergency teams have been busy all day cutting the fallen trees and repairing the broken power and telephone lines.

In front of the building where I live, a big pine tree went down on the street. All the neighborhood was blocked because the fallen trees.

View attachment 1105

View attachment 1103

View attachment 1108

View attachment 1104

View attachment 1107

Luckily, all of us are fine.

Today I've been walking the neighbour village, Sant Pere de Ribes:

View attachment 1106

Shots taken with the SD9 and the 18-50 kit lens.

Jes.

Attachments

• IMG03031.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03031.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG03043.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03043.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG03045.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03045.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG03048.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03048.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG03028.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03028.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG03029.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03029.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi Jes,
what a disaster,I heared about in the news.
Good to see you are allrigth.
Thanks for the pictures.
I can imagine how you must have felt, I remember that Kyrill storm
we had here 2 years ago.
Regards
Uwe

Hi Jes,

thanks for sharing these pictures although I exceptionally do not find them "nice".

Say, they are telling!

I heard from the news that millions of people are without electricity and many are injured?!

Hope that you will manage the chaos as soon as possible. Good luck! Life will have to go on.

See you with nicer pictures

Klaus

Jesito, I'm happy that you did not suffer any property damage or worse. The images are clean and clear (as usual), and simply keep me marveling at the resolvence of the Foveon and SD-9.

We have experienced too many of these storms lately. There have been three storms within the past five years that were supposed to be "100 year cycle" storms. Winds for all three storms were between 180 and 220 kilometers/hour! My favorite river valleys faced the direction of the wind, so that there were literally THOUSANDS of trees down. It does not look the same as normal any more. Luckily, the trees that are down will decompose rapidly in the rainforest environment, adding more nutrients to the soil.

Good luck, and please keep shooting images with your great camera!

Laurence

Back