DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Greetings from the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

fotosean

Actually, it is the Land of 11,842 Lakes over 10 acres, but that doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely, does it? ;)

Anyhow, thanks to Dirk and many others for putting this together. Keeping the DPR format was not easy, of that I am sure. Well done.

And the survey sent out yesterday was very well thought out, pragmatic, and to the point. Again, very well done, and cheers.

Welcome neighbor, from America's Dairyland!

I think the Vikings will be contenders again this year, and you have no worries from your rival to the east this season I think.
Well, one never knows. I wouldn't sleep on the Motor City Kitties this coming season.

Where are u located in Wisconsin? Our very old family dairy farm in Amery was a place I remember quite fondly when I was a kid.

My cabin is in Birchwood. I make it a point to go there every time the Vikings and Packers play and for the annual Battle for the Axe (when the game is played in Madison.) Dressed head to toe in either Purple and Gold or Maroon and Gold, of course. The Bluegill Bar, a great place, and I always have fun there, win or lose.

BTW...the VERY BEST cinnamon rolls in the universe are baked fresh daily on Saturdays and Sundays in Birchwood. No joke.

Welcome neighbor, from America's Dairyland!

I think the Vikings will be contenders again this year, and you have no worries from your rival to the east this season I think.
Hi Smaug
Another Wisconsinite here. Green Bay to be exact. Now retired in Florida. But do miss the Midwest culture. I am not a heavy forum user but do read often.

Actually, it is the Land of 11,842 Lakes over 10 acres, but that doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely, does it? ;)

Anyhow, thanks to Dirk and many others for putting this together. Keeping the DPR format was not easy, of that I am sure. Well done.

And the survey sent out yesterday was very well thought out, pragmatic, and to the point. Again, very well done, and cheers.
Another neighbor across the Mississippi, from Green Bay. Old enough to remember Bud Grant and Fran Tarkenton and Chuck Foreman. Welcome fotosean, dirk is doing a nice job here.

Well, one never knows. I wouldn't sleep on the Motor City Kitties this coming season.

Where are u located in Wisconsin? Our very old family dairy farm in Amery was a place I remember quite fondly when I was a kid.

My cabin is in Birchwood. I make it a point to go there every time the Vikings and Packers play and for the annual Battle for the Axe (when the game is played in Madison.) Dressed head to toe in either Purple and Gold or Maroon and Gold, of course. The Bluegill Bar, a great place, and I always have fun there, win or lose.

BTW...the VERY BEST cinnamon rolls in the universe are baked fresh daily on Saturdays and Sundays in Birchwood. No joke.
Far southeast, Kenosha.

I
Another neighbor across the Mississippi, from Green Bay. Old enough to remember Bud Grant and Fran Tarkenton and Chuck Foreman. Welcome fotosean, dirk is doing a nice job here.
Bud recently passed away. What a guy. A 3 sports legend at the University of Minnesota, NBA Champion (yep, 1950 Minneapolis Lakers, he played with the likes of HOFs George Mikan Slater Martin, & Vern Mikkelsson), won multiple Grey Cups in Canada, took the Purple to 4 Super Bowls ...

Ol' Stone Face was someone all Minnesotans and Wisconinites (his birthplace was Superior, WI) can be proud of as "one of us."

Ken, I am impressed u remember #10 and #44. Bill Walsh, (RIP) was oft quoted that he got the basic concepts of the West Coast offense from watching how Fran the Scram and Chuck flummoxed NFL defenses in the early to mid 70's. The Pack at the time had one player I really liked, even when he scorched the Vikings (as he often did) - John Brockington.

Attachments

• 1950_Minneapolis_Lakers.jpeg
    EXIF
    1950_Minneapolis_Lakers.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I forgot to mention that Bud was a WWII US Navy veteran, leaving the University of Illinois (where he played under Paul Brown) to serve his country. His athletic career at the U of MN after the war.

I

Bud recently passed away. What a guy. A 3 sports legend at the University of Minnesota, NBA Champion (yep, 1950 Minneapolis Lakers, he played with the likes of HOFs George Mikan Slater Martin, & Vern Mikkelsson), won multiple Grey Cups in Canada, took the Purple to 4 Super Bowls ...

Ol' Stone Face was someone all Minnesotans and Wisconinites (his birthplace was Superior, WI) can be proud of as "one of us."

Ken, I am impressed u remember #10 and #44. Bill Walsh, (RIP) was oft quoted that he got the basic concepts of the West Coast offense from watching how Fran the Scram and Chuck flummoxed NFL defenses in the early to mid 70's. The Pack at the time had one player I really liked, even when he scorched the Vikings (as he often did) - John Brockington.

Thanks for rekindling those memories.

Back