DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fuji XF 23/2.0

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
Hi,

I was able to test quickly the newly announced 23/2.0 (not the older 35/2.0) at the Photokina booth of Fuji. I have tested the AF speed of the 23/2.0 on an X-Pro2 and compared it with a 23/1.4. Unfortunately I have not had my X-Pro1 with me to make even better comparisons. So take it with a grain of salt.

The 23/1.4 is slightly faster on the X-pro2 than on the X-Pro1. But the new 23/2.0 is really fast on the X-pro2. Something like twice as fast from the feeling. Quick and snappy. No hunting at all. It is just there. You press the button and peng, it is sharp.

I was really impressed with that AF-speed difference. The 23/2.0 is also significantly smaller than my 23/1.4. Although I like the 23/1.4, with a size advantage and AF speed advantage that big, I am pretty sure that I will buy a 23/2.0 sooner or later.

I would have loved to try the 23/2.0 on my X-Pro1 to see whether this is giving also better/faster results as with my 23/1.4. Next time...

uuups....

I forgot to upload images....

IMG_0248.jpg
  • Canon - Canon PowerShot G9 X
  • 10.2-30.6 mm
  • 10.2 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 125

IMG_0249.jpg
  • 10.2-30.6 mm
  • 10.2 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 125

IMG_0250.jpg
  • 10.2-30.6 mm
  • 10.2 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 125

ooops, that's kind of difference in dimension for a lens only one f-stop slower.
I'm reding for first time of this new 2/23mm, might be an option for next lens.
thanks for posting
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

we have to wait and see whether the smaller form factor will influence the image quality. My 23/1.4 is really great. I wonder whether Fuji did achieve similar " native" IQ with the 23/2.0 or whether it is done by software.

At the end of the day, I do not care how they achieve it, as long as it meets my minimum standards. But size and AF speed is really excellent with this new 23/2.0.

Back