DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Angle Finder on SD14....????

Bustoner

Hi all,

need to ask if anybody try on the SD14 an Angle Finder ....if using 2,5x is good to see, any problem of focus etc....

I saw many on Ebay for good prices from Hongkong ....are they good??? hehh

There are other way to have a bigger size way to see in the view finder? ....dream like in a 6x6 hasselblad. or like have a 7" LCD monitor to see the live preview in some way???

Will be good for Macro and to Big Manual Tele lenses to Focus as well.

Hi Bustoner,

I use an angle finder from Foto Brenner. It is called "B.I.G.". It can enlarge 2x. I use it often to shoot children from a more interesting perspective on the level of their eyes without beeing really noticed.

I only can recommend this one. It comes with adapters for Pentax, Minolta, Canon etc. Price around 79 or 98 Euro.

Mine got broken by my son, but I will buy definitely again the same one

Best wishes

I purchased and very happy with my Seagull 1x-2x Right Angle Finder for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Fuji, Olympus and Leica SLR cameras which I found on Amazon.com:

Seagull Right Angle View Finder

The page lists 19 customer reviews giving it a 4.5 out of 5 stars, it's current price is $64.95US and when fitting it to a Sigma camera, just use the Pentax adapter.

a question more ...if in that angle pipe, there's loosing of light?

I will try one soon, and Dirk, I can't find one at Fotobrenner, can you give me url please?

a question more ...if in that angle pipe, there's loosing of light?

I will try one soon, and Dirk, I can't find one at Fotobrenner, can you give me url please?

It is called B.I.G. Universal Winkelsucher:

http://www.fotobrenner.de/default.a...l=7&Anf=1&Ende=10&SON=5&UE=0,0,0&MENPRO=&ES=0

As far as I remember it was superior to the Seagul one, but with a price difference as big as this at the moment, I have to look at the Seagul too and compare both. Since I use this only seldom, I will look rather second hand than buying a new one. 99 EUR is IMHO to expensive ;)

Best wishes

Ok thanks, I think I will start trying the most power magnifer, I saw the Seagull 1x-3.3x ...wish in a good product for this 40€ good price.

Hi all again, only now I've bought and arrived the Seagull 3,3x was talking about ......always have no time....

It's well made and built, good object, BUT,
I've tryed it a lot, it really don't look good to me, very bad view, I can't stay in focus, forcing my eyes to do it....

Moving focus regulations everywere, on camera diopter and anglefinder, any combination, impossible!
Maybe 3,3x it's to much?

I've then try it on a Nikon D90 and Canon 5DmkII, both good views (best on the Canon).

The 1x magnification it's ok, indeed it's smaller than normal, like if it is a 0,8x

Suggestion? :) :) :( :( :z04_motzer:

Update:::

The China seller just advise me this Anglefinder is for Sigma Cameras, but not for the SD14 (only for SD9, SD10).... :( :(

I use the same one my Lieca R4 Mot uses...not 100% but as long as what I am shooting is in the center of the screen it works for me...

Good Luck... Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Back