DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Leica Summicron 90 f2 Canada made

edge

Dear all,

I am near here and just bought this lens recently. A curious question is, there is no serial no. nor other characters like 'Leitz Summicron' etc. on the lens as shown attached. Is this a mysterious production ? According to it's serial no. given on the box, it should be type II and weight around 650g.

Thanks for any hints.

87208.jpg

I have an early Canadian Leitz 90mm Summicron.
I believe that the s/n is not clearly visible as in other lenses and what's more, the aperture ring goes from wide to small aperture in the REVERSE direction previously established by Leitz!!
I'll check on it tomorrow and get back to you.
The version you're showing would also be adaptable to the Visoflex.You can unscrew the lens from its helical focussing mount. What is the s/n on the box? Does this use a Series V11 filter?
Colin

Hi Colin,

The serial on the box is 2151013. And there is one more picture for the front lens element with detachable lens hood removed.

Many many thanks for your help.
87211.jpg

Back