DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Kodak new film

Ben:

Gilbert comment we better not using "Kodak new film" title to discuse digital camera, I agree with it, but how to initiate new title?

Here is the site to review Sony 828.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/sony828.shtml
In which I found that the picture shown that Sony 828 is better than Canon 10D, I think the reason is Carl Ziss lenses better than canon lenses. I would spend additional money around $400 to buy 58mm .5 wild angle and 2x telelenses, then most lenses length can be cover,
.5x7.1mmx4=15mm and 51mmx4x2=400mm.
I just checked Canon Digital Rebel, $799 for body only, I do not have any canon lenses, better canon lenes would cost $1,000 and up. So it doesn't add little more money.

Nelson

}

back to the new kodak HD (let stay with the subject!) I had the picture enlarge, and it confirm that the grain is real great. The colour on the other hand is more crispy compare with the reala, Unlike the other Kodak film whish is tends to red, I think it tends toward a bit yellow, but that my feeling, not sure if it is correct

Ben

Nelson,

I don't think I have the right to upload the pic, and I don't have a film scanner either. But I love to share my photo with you, send me a private mail and will send it to your e-mail add later, after I scan it with my brother.

Ben

Ben:

Here is my e-mail address:

nlpoon@aol.com

I when to camera shop to take a look at Sony 828, I like it. Now I am checking the price of camera and accessaries. I found one of the cheapest is US$649, Hitachi Microdrive 4GI is $499 and canon .5x wild angle lenses and 2x telelenses with tripod and bag $400.
That are what I want to buy.
Any comment?

Nelson

Nelson:

The price for camera sounded very reasonable! yet the 0.5* and the 2* convertor seems a bit odd. I mean using the CZ glass and mix it with canon, not that I know it will affect the quility, but may be you will loose that touch of CZ charactor!?the lens already offers very wide range, do you need to purchase these convertor?
Also, did you get this offer as a package? It seem that everything you got as an accessory is off very good quility! a camera bag for 828 will not cost more the USD 50! and for usd 100, you will get a very decent tripod (made by alloy). My understanding for those canon convertor is just like filter, I wonder if it worth more then 250? I am not sure about the microdrive. Anyway, if I were you, instead of going to the cheapest place, I would go for the reliable place, paying for a bit more may save you lots of trouble!

Ben

Ben:

Thank you for your advice, I called the dealer it sells cheapest sony 828, they said no stock. I still search around and not hurry to get one.
I just received the Kodak HD 200 film, will try it later.

Nelson

Back