DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

RED-Problem EASY

I suggest that you avoid saving the intermediate de-saturated file as a JPG.

The ADCs in the SD14 are 12 bits, and you loose the details in the lower 4 bits when you save to JPG (8 bits per channel), plus the JPG format itself is lossy, compressing the image more at the expense of color details.

Yes, thanks. I should have thought of that.

I notice that while re-saturating in SPP, the red curve in the histogram remains fixed while the other curves move around. Why is that?

Hey!

Sigma should employ you to solve all their various colur issues!
Well done, Klaus.

Now we only miss a way to effectivly get rid of the green-magenta noise in underexposed parts of the picture.

kind regards
Øyvind

Just watch this....

SIGMA SD14 ISO 1600

View attachment 1710 View attachment 1711

View attachment 1712 View attachment 1713

The secret is RAW-PHOTO-STUDIO's RGB-deniose-filter. This is the only colour noise processor that works the SIGMA-typical very low frequent COLOUR NOISE.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    EXIF
    1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    EXIF
    2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 20
  • crop1.jpg
    EXIF
    crop1.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 18
  • crop2.jpg
    EXIF
    crop2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 20
Klaus you're a genius! :D Great work!

Hi Carl and welcome to our SIGMA-community.

Thank's for the flowers! Sometimes, solutions are closer at hands than you might have thought. :)

Klaus

P.S. I love your site and all your SIGMA efforts!

Your fame is spreading ...

Courtesy of Øyvind, your fame is spreading on DPReview Sigma forum, Klaus. Can I have your autograph, please? :)

Sincere regards, JR

All are very welcome to visit my humble gallery @ www.pbase.com/jrdigitalart

Awesome!

Thank you for posting this double tip - it is well worth the cost of my donation! I'm about to "pull the trigger" on purchasing studio darkroom though the one I've seen is the US version not the German version - will this noise reduction process still work?
Cheers!

Hi, CHEBB ...

Klaus mentions in one of his posts that the German version is the only version with that noise reduction feature. Sorry to spoil your day.

Sincere regards, JR

All are welcome to visit my humble gallery @ www.pbase.com/jrdigitalart

Thank you for posting this double tip - it is well worth the cost of my donation! I'm about to "pull the trigger" on purchasing studio darkroom though the one I've seen is the US version not the German version - will this noise reduction process still work?
Cheers!

Hi The Chebb,

Noise Reduction ... both ... colour noise and luminance noise ... is the same with the German and the English Version (RAW-Photo Studio vs. Arcsoft Darkroom). The difference is, that the German Version provides Selective Colour Control in addition.

Klaus

I tried this method, it works with only Raw Photo Studio, and it does not work if purple clipped -- they will become red after the treatment:)

I also noticed in the Klaus' post, the leaf of the flower has changed color after treatment.

Just watch this....

SIGMA SD14 ISO 1600

View attachment 1815 View attachment 1816

View attachment 1817 View attachment 1818

The secret is RAW-PHOTO-STUDIO's RGB-deniose-filter. This is the only colour noise processor that works the SIGMA-typical very low frequent COLOUR NOISE.

Klaus

Hi Klaus, did you process from RAW to TIFF using DPP then open and process the TIFF in RPS? I have been looking for something to remove the low frequency noise at 1600ASA, have you had a look at my RAW files on the 'Processing Challenge' post? Image 24 was shot at 800ASA and has some LF noise on it.

Keep up the good work, Martin

Hey!

Sigma should employ you to solve all their various colur issues!
Well done, Klaus.

Now we only miss a way to effectivly get rid of the green-magenta noise in underexposed parts of the picture.

kind regards
Øyvind

There already is a way to do this...Dont underexpose!

Back