DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

levon

Hello to all members of Sigma-Club.
I live in Slovenia, Europe. A month or so ago I bought the SD 14 Camera. Frankly I have not tried it yet because a few days after I bougt the camera an urgent operation was performed on my spine-Hernia Discii. You can imagine the camera was not/is not in the center of my interest right now. I am in the Spa now trying to recover as quick as possible.

However I read comments and sugesstions on this forum frequently. I like the forum beeing so active and helpful. I find the instructions on how to use the camera and software very useful and after a few weeks when I recover enough to change my list of interests in favour of SD 14 I will start taking shots. ( I already bought a Raw Photo Studio) I will try to get the best out of the pictures following hints and tips of this forum. I have a standard non OS lens 18-200 (3.5-6.3) and Reuveunion 50 mm 1.4 f with M42 adapter. When I have something to show to the Sigma community I will send it.

Best regards
Leon

Hello Leon,
welcome to the forum.
Get well soon.
Looking foreward to see your pictures.
Take your time to get used and familiar to the camera.
Best regards
Uwe

Note from Phil

Hi Leon:
I'm sorry you are going through recovery on what must have been a painful operation. I thought I'd send a note to you since we are both newbe's. I introduced myself in the new member section and talked about my work and that I am an owner of the Sigma dp1. I'm learning a lot by shooting with it and by reading the book. I live in the USA in Iowa. Your English seems to suggest that you grew up speaking it.

I hope you feel better and I would appreciate seeing any photography you do and in the meantime I'll try to send some photography I do to you.

Phil

Thank you both for good whishes. It was painfull before operation, now is geting better. Actualy I was not growing up with English language I learned it in school though I use it regularly at work (export dept.- exporting to the States too).
Cant wait to try my new toy and see the results. My expectations are quite high according to what I have seen here. It will take some time to get to know the camera but I am a quick learner.

regards, Leon

Welcome, Leon ...

... And I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery. Here's hoping that the new camera will also present you with therapeutic benefits. I know my SD14 helped me recover.

Sincere regards, Jim Roelofs

Leon,

Hello....and I think your english is just fine....if there is anything I can help with let me know...

I hope you have a speedy recovery...

I look forward to seeing your shots...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Thank you guys I work very hard with therapists and it helps a lot. Next week I,ll be back home and send some shots. First I have to learn how to send pictures. I,ll find the instructions on forum.

best regards
Leon

Those therapists ...

... are physio therapists, I hope. :)

Sincere regards, JR

All are welcome to visit my humble gallery @ pbase.com/jrdigitalart

Back