DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Lightroom Classic v12.3 - 'Denoise' AI Noise Reduction...

I really like the program too, but I don't understand why it will do some images and some it won't even when using the same camera and lens combinations. I have a Sony A1 and an Arv. It says "not allowed" on some images as low as 1600 ISO and then on the next one at 32,000 ISO with the same camera and lens it will not "gray out". Crops and APS-C or full frame modes don't seem to make a difference. Anyone have a suggestion or answer?

I really like the program too, but I don't understand why it will do some images and some it won't even when using the same camera and lens combinations. I have a Sony A1 and an Arv. It says "not allowed" on some images as low as 1600 ISO and then on the next one at 32,000 ISO with the same camera and lens it will not "gray out". Crops and APS-C or full frame modes don't seem to make a difference. Anyone have a suggestion or answer?
Are those which are "not allowed" not RAW files?

File extension ... not what was being asked. Sony (and probably others) have files that are mRaw or sRaw or something else (I'm not a Sony expert) that are not real-raw. Then, it also depends on how the DNG is created, some DNGs cannot be denoised, if in LrC the Metadata panel with the drop down menu set to DNG says Mosaic data = NO, then it cannot be denoised.

I just tried it. Opened different catalogs with different camera raw files, and so far not having any problems with Sony, Fujifilm, Nikon and Canon Raws. The only file format I it is not supporting for me is the PSB format. I guess the AI / enhance features requires native raw files.

I understand, but how do you explain back to back photos with the same settings from the same camera and lens and one will denoise and the second one want. Plenty of my mraw's that have been converted denoise perfectly and the next one won't.

Well honestly, I can't explain it. But maybe you should go to the Adobe forums, where the real experts are. By the way, did you check the Mosaic Data in the Metadata panel as I suggested?

Well honestly, I can't explain it. But maybe you should go to the Adobe forums, where the real experts are. By the way, did you check the Mosaic Data in the Metadata panel as I suggested?
I went back and checked. The ones that will have "yes" in Mosaic data and the ones that won't say "no". I simply don't understand why the same camera and lens with the same settings takes two images back to back and mosaic data is on one and the second one it is not. Every other item in the metadata is exactly the same.

I still don't understand how one can be different.

It seems that the files are not RAW, but linear RGB. Did you shoot in H+ continuous mode?

Back