DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

2CR5 batteries in N1

G

Has anyone noticed any problems using radio shack Lithium batteries? I had two new ones, my camera battery meter flashed showing low power, when I hooked up a voltage meter they were at 6 volts, but when I use the energizer I believe by Eveready, no problems at all, batteries went the distance, Why would the other Radioshack batteries show low power,and the energizers work fine?

Rick

Rick wrote "Has anyone noticed any problems using radio shack Lithium batteries? I had two new ones, my camera battery meter flashed showing low power"

Rick.. I just replaced the batteries in my G2..and the low battery light came on..then disappeared when I turned it off and on. Checked the G2 manual (guessing the N1's are similar)..The manual said that "some batteries drop power (when first installed) and to turn the camera on, then off then on again and the problem should be solved...
Just FYI..
Colorado Jeff

Ha Rick, Who are radio Shack.
Can't say I have seen the brand here in the U.K.
Have come across this problem when I first had the Contax and called my Dealer,
His answer sorted me out.
Sir if you have a Rolls Royce you don,t use remould tyres or lead free petrol and he was spot on. Since I have used Panasonic and Every Ready the problem has gone.
I hope you know of these brands in the U.S.
Cheers Bob

Hi Bob,
Radio Shack are known in the UK as Tandy, (the electronics shop), now owned by The Carphone Warehouse Group. Most of the stores closed down a few years back. Radio Shack are quite a big concern in the states.

Regards

Paul

Hi Bob
Thank you for the advice ,you are right ,since I have changed to everyready the problem went away,
the Tandy's are a few $ cheaper, but now I am buying from B&H and paying $4.95 each for a six piece min.
Thanks Rick

I also bought my batteries for my N1 and C645 from B&H under generic 2CR5 for $5.95 each. They are acutually Energizer and as good as any brand I have used.

"when I hooked up a voltage meter they were at 6 volts"
You can't read a battery with a voltage meter without a load on the battery. All batteries will read full voltage unless it's completely dead. To read a battery you need a meter designed to read batteries because they have built in loads.

If you want to test the batteries and don't have the equipment, any "Batteries Plus" store here in the US will test them free of charge. (Their employees usually look bored and seem happy to have something to do.) -Lynn

Bob, As an ex Englishman.I hope that one day the Brits and EEC will "wake up" and they too will only have unleaded petrol
It's all we can get here in Canada and I'd have to use it in my RR.(they are made for it) As for "remould" tyres, you can't get them here.
Colin

Back