DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

First comments DLux

G

Leica announced a new Digital camera with a VARIO-ELMARIT f/2.8-4.9/5.8-17.4 mm ASPH and 3 million pixel. It has a 1.5" LCD monitor, supports full speed USB 2.0 data transfer, stores its images on SD / MMC storage card, weights 200g, offers Iso 50-400, dimensions 121 x 52 x 34 mm (4.8 x 2.0 x 1.3 in), shutterspeed 1-1/2000s., image format jpeg (only?), Auto and Prgram AE, Close-up, portrait, landscape etc., multi-field, cwa and spot metering.

Available in May, prices n/a.

Dirk

41794.gif

it is reminding me at the Panasonic DMC-F1 and Minolta F-100/200/300

Anybody have any info on this Leica D-Lux camera yet? I have lots of Leica 35mm experience, all good, and would like to continue with Leica into digital world, but not pleased with what I have read so far on Leica digital experience. In addition to tack sharp lens would also like competitive features with other top of line cameras.

I've been totally happy with my Panasonic DSC-LC5/ Leica Digilux as long as I use ISO 100. It rivals my scanned 35mm photos in every respect. It has very nice handling with a high quality build, and has come down in price to the high $400's American. I've posted some photos here at the Leicainfo Gallery under the name Dlux

D-Lux'

Can't seem to find your DLUX pictures, where are they posted?

Amazon has the D-lux on offer for $820. Bit steep!
If the Digilux can be had for under $500...

(For more Digilux 1 s&les - I love that camera! - visit my website: www.wimdows.nl.)

Can anyone give me some sound advice on these digital Leica's?
I can't decide what to buy in digital... I like the "style" of the D-lux a lot but can it compete technically with the Digilux 1? Or should I go for the Canon G5 or other brands (Contax TVS digital)? I am using for a few years now an M6 ("58) with 28/35/50/90 optics but could use a real "point and shoot". It would seem stupid to me to stay with the minilux or C-models... as digital is already so much more than the future.
All coments more than welcome!

Back