DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

First comments DLux

[...I've got a m6 and a canon g3 and a 1gig microdrive - it's ok but not a replacement for the m6. Chose the G3 over Nikon 5700 and d1 because it felt good plus has reasonable manual controls. If I was buying now I'd wait for and take a long hard look at the new fuji s7000] which looks good.]

I seem to be in the same predicament:leica d-lux, digilux. G5, TVS, although I am swaying towards the Dlux - does anyone have any comments photos etc on this camera?

> Hmm, digital! I've only tried it a few times (Nikon Coolpix which was remarkably intuitive), though our pro photogs use Nikon D1s. The TVS looks tempting to me as a film camera, but the if you want to take advantage of everythng that digital has to offer, then the Dlux seems to offer the best of both worlds: compact (far more so than the digilux), stylish, simple to operate (if that's what you want; many digital "users" seem to like as much complexity as possible), and I expect a first class lens. As with any new camera, try before you buy! (BTW, have you looked at www.photovillage.com which has some pix of the Dlux?)

One thing is for sure: digital puts the phun back into photograpy!

I could never have made my site (www.wimdows.nl) without my Leica = Digilux 1. As far as I can see the D-lux is as good as the Digilux. And = I've hasd a look at it in the shop, it looks chillingly beautiful. If = you have the cash: go for it, i'd say. (Leave it alone if you hate = attention, 'cause you gonna get some!)

Decided to go for D-lux...
I don't like the attention (dont' I realy??) but it looks sooo sophisticated! I just hope they won't announce an upgraded version in 3 months time, but that's probably typical for digital photography right now.
Thanks for the information!
happy.gif

I just bought the d-lux (2hours ago) and took some pics of my apt right out of the box-WOW!

Thanks Alex, but do you think you might have achieved the same results with virtually any digital camera? Not suggesting that the DLux is bad of course.

Keep us informed.

I do not have so much experience with digital cameras even though I have a Canon XL1 digital video camera that I shoot with regularly at work and I can tell you that even though its like comparing oranges to apples the difference in quality is totaly different.

Well I think that you can achieve just about anything you want with different methods and ways so in this case I can say that literally about anything in life - there is never one solution to a problem..

Absolutely true Alex. Not trying to be at all critical. Hope you continue to have much fun, and get increasing satisfaction with your purchase.

Back