DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello and 'Good Light' from Austria

Dear Hasselblad Forum,

about 2000 I swapped my Mamiya RB 67 with two lenses and two early Linhof Colour equipment’s for a long dreamed-of Hasselblad. It became a nearly mint 503 CXi from 1995 with an old-fashioned C Planar 2.8/80 T* from 1980. Beneath my Canon F1 gear I used the Hassy quite regularly and added time by time a Sonnar CF 4.0/150, CW Winder and PM45 prism. Thus the light and elegant 503 CXi became an impressive but heavy machine and I used it less and less. After some time extensive experimenting with Canon 7s, Contax IIa, Nikon S2 and early Nikon F’s I remembered my Hassy again. Stripped it down to its pure form and enjoyed again to use it.

Lately I became careless and bought a very nice 500 C body from 1957, immediately I am in Hasselblad GAS again. This acquisition is also my reason for joining this forum, to get some information on early Hasselblad 500 C.

With kind regards from Austria,
Walter

Back