DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

First impressions

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
This is the information you get from Nikon about the new Coolpix 5400:

- 5.1 effective megapixels
- High-quality 4x wideangle Zoom-Nikkor ED lens with focal range of 28-116mm (35mm [135] format equiv.)
- Continuous shooting of up to 7 full-size (2,592 x 1,944-pixel) pictures at 3 frames per second (fps)
- 15 versatile preset Scene Modes
- Stunning Macro shooting capability as close as 1cm (0.4 in.)
- New AE-BSS (Auto Exposure-BSS) for automatic selection of the best relative exposure
- New 5 shot buffer mode retains the last 5 shots to ensure that an unexpected or fleeting moment won't be missed
- New Time-lapse movie mode enables creation of Motion JPEG sequence
- Repeating Flash function for stroboscopic image capture
- Accessory shoe to accommodate attachment of external Nikon SB-series Speedlights
- Vari-angle Highly Transmissible Advanced TFT-LCD monitor
- Tough, lightweight magnesium (Mg) alloy body
- Superior system versatility, featuring compatibility with a wide range of COOLPIX converter lenses

Since Canon comes obviously also with a new PowerShot G5 with 5MB Chip, time will tell what will be the better choice...

Where can i find an electronic version of the owner manual, i got my camera from Japan and i am not understanding anything. Who can help me?

Back